10 Winning Website Traffic Ideas
Getting traffic to your site isn’t difficult. Search engines can do a lot of the work for you. However, the key to getting the right traffic is to make effective use of search engines and other options available to you.
Here are 10 winning website traffic ideas to help you reach your target market and your goals.
- Don’t be afraid of learning SEO. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the art of raising your position on search engine results pages (SERPs) by using specific strategies, techniques, and tactics. The higher you are on the results page, the higher your ranking is and the more targeted leads you’ll get.
(Matthew Woodward, runs a great blog post, you can read it below, and maybe subscribe to his newsletter, he knows everything there is to know about SEO)
- Create interactive blog posts – Content is king, queen, and everything else royal these days. Your content needs to be interactive. Ask questions that allude to a problem and its solution. For example, a life coach that wants to find readers who need more money and a positive mindset could create a blog post asking something like, “How Are Negative Thoughts Limiting Your Paycheck?” Readers who can relate, that is those that have negative thoughts and want more money will click through to find out more.
- Create a FB group – When you create a Facebook group related to your business, you essentially create a community where people with similar interests can interact with you and each other. We all talk about how busy our lives are but we often find time to “wind down” or “start the day” with social media interaction. A Facebook group can be a great way to find new leads and connect with existing customers.
(One of the best Facebook groups for marketing advice is niche-hacks, their members seem to know everything about everything and if you are looking to get into niche marketing then Mr Walker knows his stuff)
- Get a good pop-up for email capture – Having a good pop-up email capture in place can literally make the difference between being forgotten and making multiple sales. Since pop-ups can be annoying, especially if not used properly, it’s important to choose a pop-up that has a variety of options and features. When you have more control of how, when, and where the pop-up appears, you can gently remind your reader to sign up for your offer. Remember, your visitor comes for info. If the pop-up covers up or restricts viewing the info before they know it’s good, they may just leave the page, never to return. Use pop-ups wisely.
- Create a special report – A free, special report about the most common problems your readers face will likely attract the right traffic. In exchange for signing up and giving you their email addresses, you will give them the free report. Once they are on the list, you can market to them via email providing more info and relative offers.
Your free report can be anything from a PDF or an ebook to an email training series sent over a period of time.
- Run a contest or sweepstakes – Before you create a contest or run sweepstakes, be sure to know the difference both professionally and legally. Every state has its own rules when it comes to what differentiates the two. However, properly run and executed sweepstakes or contest can bring in loads of traffic and plenty of new list sign-ups. Consider hosting these several times a year rather just during the traditional “holiday season.”
- Join or create a forum – Joining or creating a forum is a great way to build a sense of community. People can give advice, opinions, and input on your content as well as support each other. This is also a great way for you to get to know your audience. Listen carefully to what they say and what they don’t say. Keep members active and involved by asking open-ended questions and sharing your thoughts.
Some of the many forums you can choose from include, warrior forum and SitePoint, but there are many more to choose from.
- Include keywords throughout your site – If you are not familiar with keywords, the best place to start is with a good keyword tool. There are many out there. Some site owners prefer Wordtracker while others like to use SEO Book or Google Suggest. Try out several to decide what features you want and which tool works best for your bottom line.
Several options here but there is Jaxxy, which pound for pound is one of the best out there, it even tells you the best domain names to choose for your niche???
Read my review here Is Keyword Research Dead?
- Participate on social media platforms – If you haven’t jumped on the social media bandwagon, it’s time. The old adage, “Out of sight, out of mind,” applies when it comes to social media. Be active and involved. You need to pay your dues by liking and sharing posts as well as by leaving some words of encouragement on others’ timelines. Following people on Twitter or liking their Facebook Pages will return to you tenfold
- Use StumbleUpon – StumbleUpon is a social network, which acts as a type of search engine called a discovery engine. It uses individual readers’ preferences, likes, and dislikes, etc., to tailor search results by finding or discovering even the more obscure content the reader wants and likes. This network is popular among marketers for a variety of reasons, which include the ability to rate posts, share pictures, and add videos too.
There you go, I hope that you have enjoyed these 10 winning website traffic tips.
If you would like another 10 winning website traffic ideas then make sure you claim the free report below, there are way more than 10 website traffic ideas but nothing wrong with underpromising and overdelivering.
51 Website Traffic Winning Tips that you can use today and start to drive more website traffic today.